Super Happy Fun Sports Blog

Tuesday, March 06, 2007


PLAYER OF THE WEEK (MARCH 5-11): NIRVANA



I know it's Tuesday night, but the votes have been counted, and it's 1-0 for Nirvana.

I was watching the tele the other day and heard Breed playing on a commercial for MLB 2K7. Did it excite your emotions? Should you be outraged? Probably.

But since I have no readers, I'm going to have to disagree with myself. It's a fucking awesome song and it's cool that I got to hear it even though I could easily listen to it on my MP3 player made by Apple Computers or my CD player. And I'm probably going to buy the game even though most baseball games are disappointing and I'm sure I'll be disappointed by the game, but now I associate it with Nirvana and I like Nirvana.

It's just like how I waited in line all weekend with my friend Tad Goodfellow to see
Wild Hogs. I hate Tim Allen and John Travolta. I kind of used to like Bill Macy. I can live with or without Martin Lawrence. But I saw it because the trailer includes a clip of Kyle Gass signing karaoke. The movie wasn't be entertaining in the least. There's nothing funny about KG singing that Pussycat Girls song or whatever that crap shit is. But when I see him I think of Tenacious D, so for six seconds I thought of Jesus Ranch and Lee and whatnot. Plus, Kage is wearing a sweater that reminds me of one that my friend Nick has. So you can see how I had to see Wild Hogs for the bargain basement price of $9.75. And it's really a movie you have to see at the theater if you want the full effect of Ray Liotta's pores.

Later that afternoon I helped Tad paint his new deck. Then me, him, and his wife Rhoda played 21 until I gave Rhoda a Gerald Henderson-style elbow to the face as she was about to finish us off. That's the way Coach K would have wanted it.

Anyway, you won this round 2K Sports. Want me to buy NBA 2K8 next year? Try Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4 on the soundtrack.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home